Monday, August 24, 2009

Routine

That's what we're doing about this house the past few weeks. Lil Man has been on a loose routine for a while...... now, we're going hardcore! Well, to be more specific..... I'm going hardcore and dragging The Hubby along with me. :)

Our routine used to consist of bath, milk with a 15 minute cartoon time (sometimes he would get wound up and end up wide awake and ready to go again), and then bed. Now, it's milk if Lil Man wants it, bath and then straight into bed. He's doing really well taking his bath and just staying in his room to go to bed.

Why am I being so hardcore all of a sudden?

Preschool!!!

My baby is going to school. He starts next Tuesday. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I know this will be really good for him to be around other kids on a day to day basis..... but this means I'll be leaving him in some one's care other than my mom or MIL's for an extended time. I'm sorry I know there are good people out there but you hear so much crap on the news about mistreatment of children........ trust is difficult when it comes to trusting someone with my child.

But to "school" he goes!!

I'm already preparing myself to worry the whole 3 hours he'll be there. AND, I've already told my dad he'll never be allowed to take Lil Man to school. The man would probably bring him back home because he cried. And he will cry. That I'm already sure of. **Sigh**

4 comments:

Welcome to Walker's Blog! said...

It's going to be great for Cason. You will be able to tell a huge difference in his personality and his social skills. It's hard to drop them off the first few times...my advice would be to not look back. Drop him off and go! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you next week.

Where is he going?

Kristen said...

Our lazy summer routine is coming to a close too....

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Wow! Pre-school! That's awesome! I'm sure he'll love it!

Dhall said...

I agree with Brooke...it will be so good for Cason! As a teacher, you can always pick out the kindergarten students who were never in any type of preschool. Plus, you may have to deal with more runny noses right now.....but its better to get them immune now than when they are older. But a agree.....don't look back.....drop him off and go :)