Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Work it

I am one of those people who actually enjoy exercising. Enjoy it to the point that if I go two days without it.... my mood takes a turn south!

Before we had children, The Hubby and I worked out almost everyday together. Now, the act of balancing 2 kiddos, full time jobs, and life in general.... we don't get to as much any more. When either of us has the chance to workout, we do and generally the other isn't around.

We're starting back though! Yesterday, we went for a run! And it was fabulous. The man can run my ass in the ground like there's no tomorrow! When we finished up, I may or may not have been calling him a few bad names and flipped him the bird a time or two but it was all with love. And he laughed at me so no harm done. What did I do? The crazy fool that I am! Made a 'date' for Friday morning to run again.

You know you love your man when you let him subject you to running, sprinting hills and then topping it off with stairs. Shoot me now!

In all truthfulness though, we don't get to go out yet as much as we would like. When Baby Boy gets older, it will be easier. This time we have together even if it is exercising is great. Time with my husband no matter what we're doing... is time cherished!

I'm currently mad at my running partner...Holly, I'm talking about you! You abandoned me and now I'm having to run with The Hubby. It's all your fault, and I'm holding you totally accountable. I mean... I know you have to work and take care of your kids.... but really, that's no excuse! :)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I second that. It's like a high when you're done working out AND spending some quality time together at the same time. :)

Dhall said...

I hear ya!! It is so hard finding time to work out....today, my only time was at 1:00 and I think it was a million degrees outside when I went on my run....but you do what you have to do :)