Thursday, August 26, 2010

Savannah Trip / Family Reunion

Weekend before last, TH's family had their annual family reunion. Each year a cousin "host" the event. This year's host decided to go with Savannah, GA. TH's mom and dad invited us to come and spend the weekend with the family. (I secretly think they just wanted to show off their 2 grandsons....but shhhhh! That's just our secret.) So, we loaded up the Yukon on Friday noonish and hit the road.


Each night the whole family would have dinner together. The days were "open" for whatever any one was up for doing but reservations were made so dinner could be a family event.

I didn't intentionally dress us in matching color outfits. It just kind of happened that way.

I can't tell you how nice it was to get away for the weekend. To just spend a weekend with my husband & 2 boys..... I didn't realize how much I needed it.

TH and BB posing with Granddaddy...... how cute are these 3?

Lil Man.... this splash pad brought him so much joy. We went out right after breakfast and let him play and play and play.



BB..... chillaxing and hanging out while his big brother played.

Touring Savannah and enjoying the sites.

I imagine what the picture is showing is...... LM had a new toy airplane we had bought him on the ride down. It ended up in the Savannah River. *eyeroll*

Granddaddy getting a turn at pushing this little tired boy. :)

Can't have a family trip w/out family photo shoot now can we?

These 3..... they melt my heart!

Three generations.

Grandmommy & Granddaddy w/ their 2 boys.

LM has escaped! He had enough of picture taking.

Being chased down by his daddy..... which quickly became a game between the two.

And daddy wins!

Runaway!


We had so much fun! It's funny.... we actually didn't do a whole lot. Just really enjoyed being together as a family. Saturday night once TH and I got the boys to sleep, my sweet MIL came to our room and let us get out for a little while. We enjoyed strolling the square and just having a little time as husband & wife....not as a mommy & daddy.

This trip...... it showed TH and I how in need we are for a getaway for just the two of us. As soon as BB is good for a weekend w/out his mommy, we are dippin out of town.

3 comments:

Dhall said...

Those get-a-ways are nice and much needed! You have some great family shots!! Looks like you had lots of fun!

Welcome to Walker's Blog! said...

Me hot mama..you HOT MAMA in your cute cute green dress:) The boys are growing so fast and they are both so cute! Looks like you all had a great time in Savannah. I can't wait to see b-day pics.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like you guys had a great time together!