Friday wrapped up our week of swimming lessons for Lil Man. He did soooo good! I am incredibly proud of my little guy. He's even put some of his skills to use this week at our neighborhood pool. As his confidence grows, he's doing better and better.
The first day wasn't so bad. I had been warned by a friend that the first day was normally a scream fest. There was a little crying involved from the boys but nothing too bad. Our first day.... there were actually seven kids in the class. It was made of up 4 girls and 3 boys. The girls were a little older and two had had lessons before. So for day two, the instructor had the girls come early for their own class. Our class ended up being 3 boys. Day 2, 3 and 4....... crying! Lots of crying!
Day 5..... all three boys did SO good! There wasn't hardly any crying at all. It was a great way to end the week.
Here's LM headed to the deep end to jump in to his teacher.
I'm having to "help" him off the diving board. He never got quite brave enough to jump off on his own but did great with me giving him a little toss.
Swimming all on his own to the ladder.
So proud of himself!! (and his mommy was super proud too!)
I know I can't keep him my baby forever but I want to! Love this little guy!!
2 comments:
Wow! he really picked it up fast! Despite the tears and initial fears, it looks like he did a wonderful job! Way to go dude!
That's great that he's learning how to swim and doing so well!!
Post a Comment