Last Thursday was LM's first day of school!! He started a new school this year. It was a decision TH and I thought and thought about, prayed about, researched (ok, I did the research and talked to 88 gazillion people).... bottom line, it wasn't a choice we made lightly. LM is going a local elementary school and attending their PIP class. PIP stands for Preschool Intervention Program. It's designed for children with delays.... speech delays, developmental delays, learning delays and so on. LM qualified for a speech delay as well as some developmental delay due to the speech issues. The past 2 years (for those that don't know) he's been at a private preschool. Ideally, we wanted him to stay there but...... this was the best choice for our child. His class meets from 12:00 til 2:30.
Anyway..... his first day. He rocked it!! TH and I picked him up from my mom's house and took him together. Here's LM getting ready to get in the car and head off to school.
TH and I were both prepared for him to cry when we dropped him off. BUT guess what?! He didn't!! We walked him to the door, and he took his teacher's hand and walked right it. We were so incredibly proud of him!! The day before LM and I went by his new classroom to meet his teacher and check out the room. We had missed Open House because we were at the beach. I think having just been at the school the day before helped.
My little boy is at a big school. Wow! I do have to say though the school keeps this age of kids more secluded than older kids. The early class is made of 3 & 4 yr olds; LM's class is 4 & 5 yr olds. We get to drop off and pick up right at their class room door.
Here's hoping for a great year for my sweet boy!!!
8 years ago

2 comments:
It sounds like you made a good choice! No crying? What a big boy! He is going to make amazing progress!
Jamie, is he at Northside Elementary? The PIP class is the class I worked in when we were teacher cadets in highschool. That class is the reason I teach what I do. I loved it! Great choice for him. Can't believe he is getting that old! :)
Post a Comment