Do your children ask for bites of your food ALL THE TIME?! Mine do! And normally, I don't care. It doesn't bother me to share. Sharing is good. I want my boys to share with each other and with other people.
I drew the line last night! A few days ago TH came home and raved about an apple dip a co worker's wife had made. Hello! A good recipe.... bring it home! So, Wednesday TH comes home with the recipe. It's called Apple Brinkle Dip. OMG! Just looking at the ingredient list had my mouth watering.
I made it last night but didn't have apples to dip it with. What's a girl to do?! I text my neighbor and his wife because earlier TH had said they left to go out to dinner. Yes, oh yes I did! I asked for them to stop and pick me up a couple of G.ranny S.mith apples. When the boys saw the apples, I kept hearing.... "Bite! Bite!"..... "I eat apple."...... I mean really, I didn't want to share.
I'll tell you a secret though. I shared the apples but not the dip. Ha! I drew the line last night and kept the dip hidden from little boys' views. Call me a bad mom but I don't care because it was mine..... all mine! :)
I'll post the recipe later when I get home. I remember most of it but there's one ingredient that I can't remember the measurement for.
(PS. We have great neighbors! We're extremely lucky. We "borrow" stuff from each other all the time.... sugar, eggs, tea bags, pasta sauce, and even popcorn.)
8 years ago
1 comment:
I may or may not have done the same with popcorn last night. I'll never tell.
Post a Comment