Today is my last day as a mother to two little boys.....God willing of course. I'm always cool through my pregnancies but when the end is near I get nervous. I start thinking about all that could go wrong. I don't worry myself sick but get random "what if" thoughts.
My two sweet boys are about to have a little brother. LM is going to be a big bro to not one but two little brothers. This shall be interesting. And even more interesting will be how BB reacts to not being the baby any more. We've talked about bringing a baby home but now much does a 4 year old and a 23 month old really understand.
My conversation with BB yesterday went something like this.....
Me: "Mommy has a baby in her tummy. Baby D. Can you say Baby D?"
BB: "Baby D."
Me: "And that's Baby D's bed right there in Mommy and Daddy's room." (We have the pack-n-play set up.)
BB: "I kick baby."
Me: "What?"
BB: "I kick baby."
Me: "No, sweetheart. We don't kick the baby. We just hug and kiss him."
.......needless to say, I'm really interested to see how BB reacts to the new baby in the house. I'm also curious to see what this child's personality like. BB and LM could not be any more opposite. At times, I'm absolutely amazed that I gave birth to such two different children. When I stop and think about it though, one child has TH's personality and attitude ..... or lack thereof attitude actually. And one child is totally like me......full of attitude! Ha! Who shall #3 be like?!?!
We've been getting the house ready the past few weeks. Rearranging rooms and furniture. This morning I was putting clothes away for all three boys and thought..... oh my word! I'm got 3 little boys' rooms now. Excited and nervous about entering this new phase in our lives.
8 years ago
1 comment:
Oh, I hope it goes well! Can't wait to "see" the new little man!
Post a Comment