Friday, July 6, 2012

Our Fourth Celebration

We had a pretty low key Fourth.  TH worked the night before so he slept most of the morning.  The boys and I went to have breakfast with my parents.  We let them play outside for awhile to burn some energy... cause little boys ALWAYS have energy to burn. I mean for real!

What kind of mother would I be if I didn't buy them matching shirts?!


 The boys kept asking for C.hick-Fil-A so we went and picked up lunch to bring home.  Woke TH up so he could join us.  I can't express how much I love eating together as a family.  Makes my heart smile. (It's the simple things, people!)  After lunch, more time playing outside.  Cause I'm not sure yet if little boys ever really run out of excess energy. Ha!

I'm all about decorating for July 4th.  Next to Christmas... It's one of my favorites.


And two brothers kissing their little brother?!  I die.... just die of the cuteness!!


I kept trying to think of something fun and special I could do with the boys.  Make a cookie cake! And on it we wrote "Happy 4th!!" with three candles.  We all like cookies.  The boys like to blow out candles.  BB has cookies that look exactly like the one everyone else had.  A new tradition was started!

More cuteness! I'm a proud mama....


What's more American that grilling out on the 4th?  We went back to my parents' for dinner.  Hamburgers and Hot Dogs!! Coming right up.  TH was also insisting we go to the local firework show too.  We ate and let the boys play outside a little bit more.

Then it was time for our cake!!


We had cookie cake then headed home to bath the boys and get them in their pjs.  I will admit.... it's not easy for me to delay bedtime for the boys.  I'm a little crazy about keeping them on schedule.  BUT, my dear husband really wanted to go see the fireworks, and LM kept asking to see them also.  *sigh*  We loaded up our pj clad babies and headed to town.  Met up with my parents on the way in and all loaded up.  We watched the firework show then headed home.  Sleepy, content little boys were placed in their beds.  (I want to make note that TSD slept on the way to town, slept through the firework show, and slept until 7:30 am Thursday morning!)

Wonderfully, relaxed, easy day.  A great 4th of July!!

No comments: