Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Future.....

The past couple of nights John has had softball games. He's been playing with a men's league at the local rec dept for the past few months. He's playing with other law enforcement guys in the area. Cason and I have gone with John and watched him play. I have enjoyed being back at the ballpark and being around the sounds that go with it. This has me wondering and hoping....... Will Cason play sports and if so what??
~
I was one of those kids who played every sport as I was going up and took every lesson that I could think of to take.... clogging, baton, piano, golf, tennis, basketball, volleyball, etc. My parents let me try it all. If I didn't like it, I could quit at the end of the "season". I could never quit mid-season or mid-lesson. I'm hoping John and I are as patient and open to letting Cason experience it all. Maybe not all at once, but over time. The one thing that I stuck with and hope for my son to find something that he loves as much was softball. I played t-ball at the age of 4 yrs old and finally finished with softball at the age of 23 when I graduated Erskine. John was all about soccer and played growing up. He played ball during his years at Erskine.
~
I look foward to being a "soccer" mom. I have my fingers crossed that I'll be a "baseball" mom though!! :) Only time will tell.

No comments: