Thursday, January 22, 2009

Set a record

I am going to toot my own horn here for a moment. Just giving you a heads up.

I have cooked each and every night since Friday night. Well...tonight I didn't actually cook but we ate leftovers. (Things I had cooked.) It was clean out the frig night and find what you could to eat. We haven't gone out to dinner in over a week. This is a milestone!!

My menu was as follows:


Saturday: Breaded chicken in the oven w/ sugar snap peas and corn.
Sunday: Grilled Hamburgers w/ roasted new potatoes
Monday: Baked Ziti
Tuesday: Sweet and Sour Chicken w/ fried rice
Wednesday: Roast in the crock-pot with mashed potatoes and broccoli
Thursday: Leftovers of something from above.


I have to say I'm quite proud of myself because cooking lead to other good things:
1. Saving $$$.
2. Spending quality time as a family together at home.
3. Eating in means eating a little healthier.
4. Keeping my child on more of a schedule which means he sleeps better.

We'll wait and see what tomorrow's dinner ends up being (or where we go).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lurker! Nice to meet you! Want to come cook dinner for me next week?

Kidding...or am I?

I'm actually pretty good about cooking at home most of the time. I like to cook. It relaxes me.

You ever think about changing your settings so that I and others can respond to your comments? You're set as a no-reply commenter right now.

Anonymous said...

They tell you how to do it here.

http://thesecretisinthesauce.blogspot.com/2008/12/bloggy-tip-number-one.html