Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day in the sun

We have had an awesome weekend!! The three of us (well, four if you count Jake) spent the whole weekend together. This doesn't happen all that often so when it does.....special!

We left yesterday late morning to head to the In-laws' for the day. We had lunch with them and let Lil Man and Jake run around and play outside in the beautiful, warm sunshine. The Hubby and I sneaked off for an hour or so. We were in our college hometown where both the Hubby and I went to school. We headed over to the softball field to watch them play and meet up with some girls I played ball with. It was nice to see some peeps I haven't seen since I graduated and watch a little collegiate softball.

Lil Man and Jake both wore themselves out running around and barely slowing down all day long. It was nice to see my little was happy as a clam!! (Not that he isn't most of the time but he loves him some outside!!)

Here he and Grandmommy are sharing something with each other.



My happy boy!!

This the perfect picture... because this is what we did all day. CHILL



A boy and his dog.


THe end result of a long day of playing. He was zonked when we pulled back into our drive... seven hours later!



Jake is ready to get out of the car after an hour drive.


Today was spent the same way for the most part. We headed to church, lunch with my parents, home to nap..... then playing outside! We even went for a stroll as a family after Jake and I had put in our serious walk..... we stopped back by the house and picked up The Hubby and Lil Man and strolled the neighborhood for a little bit.
It's been in the mid 70's for the past few days..... tomorrow mid 50's and by Tuesday mid 40's. Can you say sucks!!
That's all I got. Hope you had a nice, relaxing weekend!!


2 comments:

Sara said...

So jealous! Was looking through some scrapbooks this weekend and missing the good old college days.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

That looks like such a fun weekend! I am going to order my family one of those this weekend! I love the pics of Lil man with the dog!